PARTNERS

PRESENTED BY THE BRITISH COUNCIL & SUSTAINED THEATRE

IN ASSOCIATION WITH SPEAKEASY & VERSE IN DIALOG

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Roll on Bristol...

I'm so glad the Verbalized Tour is finally here. I'm hoping that, as the tour develops, more and more collaborations will take shape and can't wait to see what audiences across the UK think of Verbalized.

One of the things I liked most about this tour the first time around is that, because there are ten of us, lots of different approaches come together. Just being in a group of this size invites debate (from the function of poetry and the role of the poet to questions around where poetry is going and how it is viewed). So far the discussions during rehearsals have helped me clear up my own thinking as well fueling some new pieces which I'm hoping to showcase during the tour.

Bristol, see you on the 14th. Birmingham, Bradford, Sheffield and Manchester, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment